In a long, not-necessary-to-tell story, I lost my old phone number. It's irretrievable. Is that a word?
The new one:
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Not a whole lot happened this week (I was in village for a total of 4.5 days), but here are the highlights:
- Got really nasty bug bites on my foot, which then swelled like a watermelon and itched like something really really itchy. Turns out they're infected, so I'm on 8 days of intense antibiotics... to go with my already daily routine of anti-malarial antibiotics. Cool.
- Almost burned my house down. Decided to make hardboiled eggs on Thursday morning: I had an hour before the girls showed up to go to Mama Models (oh, wait, let me explain that first:)
- K, so I was making hardboiled eggs at 9:30 and waiting for the girls to show up at 10:30. Stove was on, I was curled up with a book, and then at 9:50 on the dot, I heard knocking. BENINESE PEOPLE SHOWED UP EARLY. I was so shocked that I just picked up and left, forgetting completely about my second breakfast. I realized that night (when I was already in Cotonou) what I'd done, and called my closemates frantically to see if they could go to my house. Thank God for Lou -- I'm out two eggs and a little pot, but my house and furniture all still exist. Hallelujah.
- I think that's pretty much all.
- Oh! I finished my 50th book! Grapes of Wrath -- so good. Go read it. But be prepared to crave bacon and biscuits the entire time.
- The End.