Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekly-ish Updates: 9.18.11


  • Happy Swear-In to PST 24!  As of the 15th, there are now 54 new volunteers in Peace Corps Benin.  So exciting!  Peace Corps put five of them kinda near me, so guess who’s going to force them to come hang out in Daagbe?  Yaaaay new friends.  Okay, I promise not to be creepy or stalk them too much or whatever.  But, you know, maybe a little bit.
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY SISTER!  Katie, who once packed me an entire box of Oreos and nothing else for lunch, turned 17 on the fifteenth.  Yay you!
  • Training = Awesome.  Training the new stage was so much fun, mainly because I felt brilliant.  They had so many questions, and I, somehow, had SO many answers! I got to walk people through pre-going-to-post stress and shopping, hear hilarious getting-used-to-Benin stories, wear/show off ALL of my tissu... Plus, they as a whole are a really great group – positive and interesting and easy to talk to... I’m excited to hang out with them au village.  Oh!  And I got to hang out with some fellow my-year volunteers from up north (I never get to see them) and cook crazy-awesome meals with them.  We ate BLTs.  I’m not even joking.  Bacon!!!
  • Bridget Visited Daagbé.  My friend Bridget, who is the sweetest volunteer in country, came to visit my post for a day before we head out for Ghana.  We ended up having to leave early because oro was coming out again (last time, they swear), but it was still really fun to walk around and show her my school, friends, life... it’s nice to have people who can picture where you’re living.
The new TEFL volunteers -- yaaay!


No comments: