Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mali Trip: No Go

A little down today because I think I'm not going to be able to go to Dogon Country in Mali, which is one of those trips that everyone says is the best they've taken in West Africa. :(  Two friends and I have been planning for months to go, but because of project timelines and money issues, they're not going to be able to go with me. 

Just found out last night, and since we'd have to turn in vacation forms next week and start on visas really soon, I'm now not sure if I'll be able to go at all... it's not a good idea for a woman to travel up north by herself.  Sad face.  Throwing some hail mary emails all over the place, but unless I find a volunteer with a lot of saved-up cash and vacation days, I don't think it's going to happen.

So a little bummed.  But at least I have something to do (school!) this week, right?

No comments: