Wednesday, December 28, 2011

MY GRANT IS DONE!

Thank you SO SO SO much for donating!  The entire almost $3000 is done in under 3 weeks, which is really, really fast by PC standards.  Thank yous will be out soon (as soon as PC sends me the list of donors).   I'm so excited!  I get to start as soon as I get back!

Other things to say:

  • People keep asking me if they can send me books for the library.  Short answer: yes, but I can't pay you back for shipping.  It's not in the grant that I wrote, so it's not acceptable for me to pay for shipping for donated books.  If you want to send me books (kiddie lit and young adult novels would be best), I'd love to have them, just send them to my package address.  I will be getting books from France for most subjects, though, so it's not a big problem if yall can't send me truckfuls of them.
  • Somehow yall managed to donate all of the money for my project before I even got the chance to put the apron money in.  Amazing.  Since there's no more space in that fund, I'm going to take the money from the aprons and divide it equally between the Camp GLOW fund and the Camp BLOW fund, for which we still need to raise lots of money.  Thank you so much for buying!
  • Know anyone who still wants to donate? We still need to raise $2,581 for Camp GLOW and $4776 for Camp BLOW.  Those links are here: Girls' Camp  Boys' Camp
  • Home is amazing!  I've been here exactly a week and I've already gained 4 lbs.  I'm gonna make it to 10, just watch!  Will update on all of the lovely people I've seen and all the delicious foods Mom keeps handing me (she's dedicated to my goal, too).  But now, have to go shopping for my friend Lauren's wedding dress!

No comments: