Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Friday: I met Barack Obama in Benin.

My family’s friend has an 11-month-old son named Barack Obama. I can’t tell you how much people loooove Obama here – there’s a beach in Cotonou (Coat-uh-new) called Obama Beach, lots of people wear Obama shirts on the street, and apparently some people even name their children after him. I’m going to his birthday party in a month (printed invitation in my hand within 20 minutes of moving into my host family’s), and I’m definitely getting a picture with little Obama.

Update (7.28):  Yesterday his moher asked me why I wasn't married yet.  I told her I was too young to get married, that I wanted to have a career before I even thought about that, and that my parents were both 30 before they married, so it was normal in the US to wait a little longer.  She thought for a second, laughed, and said, "Well, if you come back in 8 years, you can marry Barack."  !!!!!!!!!!!!  Guys, I could be Mrs; Barack Obama;  Hah!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Liss I think I would Love you forever if I could say that I'm Barack Obama's in-law. I think I would laugh my ass off! well, I love you very much and know you're having more adventures than I am. ;P

tchao!
Katie/Sabine