Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thoughts: Wednesday the 28th

Had a rough day today -- starting to get frustrated with our two-a-day language sessions... my grammar is flat-out awful, and I feel like I have about 3 words in my vocabulary to with... Eh, well, tomorrow's another day, right?  A little homesick, fairly stressed about language, and still getting used to eating 18 carbs per meal.  Miss chocolate, chocolate chips, real coffee, fresh veggies, Glee, and my people, but no worries -- I'm sticking it out...  OH!!

My host sister is a coiffure, and she braided my hair -- I look a little wangsta and a little Alicia Keys; will try to post a picture when I have time.  It's hilarious and awesome (she did an amazing job, and it took her 5 hours), and it was a definite high point for me this weekend.

3 comments:

Mama K said...

Soooooo glad to hear from you!! We were getting a little worried. I am sending out chocolate today! The language will come don't worry. Can't wait to see pictures.

Unknown said...

Oh Lissa!
I love you & am really happy to hear from you! We just sent you a package about a week ago and Mom mailed another letter today. so expect lots of love, questions, & good-ole glasgo family charisma. Mom will definately send you some sort of message when sh reads this.

Unknown said...

I agree with Mamma K. The language WILL come. Don't let it stress you too much. You'll be fine! and anyway one of your goals IS to have an awkward language mistake. so it's ok. and if that was a crappy pep talk, just know that I love you and you are amazing. you can do anything.