Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pictures, Part 2: Stuff in Village

So... I realize I'm posting 8 blog posts in one day.  Sorry!  That's what happens when you don't see a computer for 3 weeks.


Femi, my couteriere's little niece, in full-on hyper mode.


I made vertical files for my library!  Thank god for leftover world map
paints and a little creativity.


My local midwife, teaching my girls' club about sex and its consequences.


Gerardine, my student, laundry girl and friend, with her fat little
brother Jonathan.

With some of my really good friends, Mama Jumeaux (Juliette) and
GbloGblo.  The party was for her uncle, I think.


Cute kids at their family fete.  The family wore the blue version of the tissu,
the nearby cousins wore the purple version, and everyone else (including
me) wore the brown version.


With Pauline, who's studying to be a primary school teacher.  Please note
that I did not make myself look like a giant rabbit.  Someone else did that
to me.


Vicky teaches my girls' club about how to use condoms correctly.  The girls
thought the condoms-are-NOT-too-small demonstration (stretching them
over our forearms to the elbow) was hilarious.


My corn earrings!  Ears of corn... hahahah.

What I've been doing for the last two weeks: labeling and
coding SO many books.

Many many many many books.

Not done yet, but it's coming along!

No comments: