Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Grand Popo! The Mini TEFL Vacation

9.3.10
Today all of TEFL went to Grand Popo (everyone else is on post visits, which we did a while ago, so they decided to give us a trip, too). It was a whole day just to relax – we needed it after 3 weeks of model school – and it was absolutely amazing. Summary: good (free!) food, gorgeous sun, big waves, and excellent company. I’m really starting to love the TEFLers, and hanging out with them all day was awesome. Pictures at the bottom of this post.



Other random updates: I killed a spider with my bare hand this week. I might buy furniture from another volunteer for cheap – yay! Except the menusier’s already making my table and chairs… Oh well. Can’t have too much furniture for an empty house. The other sectors went on post visits this week, and my friend Maggie’s didn’t go very well… she was really upset the first night she was there. That’s fairly normal for post visit, based on my experience and the stories I’ve heard, so I’m hoping she can rebound soon… she’s hilarious and awesome, and I reeeeeally want her here to entertain me over the next 2 years. It’s going to be a rough 3 months alone at post (oh! I should explain that) for all of us, but I think the stress will be worth it in the end.

No comments: