Tuesday, September 7, 2010

In the Future…

Upcoming: the last(!!!) week of model school (I’ll teach 4eme again), then a week of everything-we-have-to-finish-up classes, then swear-in on the 17th! That’ll be a big celebration – we’ll have made it through stage! (Oh, btw, Friday was our 50-days-in-country anniversary.) After swear-in, a couple of frantic shopping days, then we head to post permanently… scary, but exciting!



For the first three months at post, we’re not allowed to leave our village (except for 2 mental health days/month). It’s to help us integrate and really get into our work, but I’ve heard it’s pretty tough – lonely, mainly, and really stressful language-wise. Thus, I will need your letters more than ever… which brings me to my next point: new address!



This is tricky, so read carefully. If you’re sending me a package/padded envelope/anything that’ll cost me money to pick up, send it to my old Cotonou address. That’s the PC headquarters, so they’ll front the money to pick it up from the post office and I just have to swing down, repay the money, and pick it up from PC. Easy peasy. If you’re sending a letter, though, sent it to my school:



Lissa Glasgo, PCV
CEG Daagbe
BP 131 Avrankou
Benin (Afrique l’Ouest)

I’m hoping that that address will be faster and easier for letters. But don’t send packages there or my director will have to pay for them, which would be bad. Summary: letters go to Daagbe, packages to Cotonou. Thanks, everyone!

No comments: