Monday, August 23, 2010

French Update: C’est bon!

8.19.2010

We just did another language interview, and guess what? I’m getting better! I started out at Novice Mid, and in four weeks of really intense lessons, I’ve jumped three levels up to Intermediate mid. Yay! PC really does work hard to get you to speak French… I thought it’d be impossible for me to ever speak a complete sentence, but now I can get around, argue prices, refuse marriage/dinner/torrid affair invitations, and have complex conversations with my host maman about Ramadan.


I’m not done with French – I have to make it to Intermediate High to swear in – but if I keep taking classes and study when I can, I think I’ll make it there without any trouble. Three gigantic cheers to the Peace Corps language program! It actually works.

No comments: