Saturday, August 7, 2010

My friends Maggie (top) and Jenny -- it was a long day at school.

The view from my terrace

 My moto helmet (caske)... I duct taped a flower to it for flair.

At the birthday party -- my host sisters are the ones in matching red outfits, and the one in the black-and white skirt/top combo.  And on the trike is Moubarack.

My tissu!!

My braids (I kept them in a bun or a ponytail to avoid the inevitable braided mullet mohawk comparisons)




My now-gone henna tattoo... it's a random design, but the marks on my forearm are my name in Arabic -- my host sister is in Koranic school right now.


Van taking the Health trainees on a field trip.  Note that the bus was made for 11 people, but there are about 18 in there.  This is normal.

3 comments:

Mama K said...

Your are having so many adventures!! Yay for you! Sending out another package this week with some jerky and stuff, you will need to update your list when you get to your new place so we know what you will want. Have fun, love reading your blog.

Kait a la Italia! said...

do you get to ride a vespa...that helmet is HOT! i like your flower - you always make things prettier.

Charlotte said...

Hi Lissa!
I love the pictures!
We are still in Dallas working away...joining you in the heat!
We got the book will send it soon
Do you want anything special from Charsh's house?

Love you so much!
Mom