Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I’m Getting a Kitten!

My friend Elyse’s host family’s cat just had kittens, and I think I’m going to buy one from them… the going rate is about 500 CFA, I think. That’s about a dollar. Shots are kind of expensive, and I don’t think it’s actually possible to get a female spayed here, but I think it’d be well worth the expense.

3 Reasons Why I Should Not Get A Cat:
1. I am allergic to cats. Minor detail.
2. I don’t know how to litter box train a cat.
3. I’ll have to buy more food to feed said cat.

4 Better Reasons Why I Should Absolutely Get A Cat:
1. Cats eat spiders and mice and all sorts of other little creatures. And there a lot of little creatures here.
2. I need company at post. Company I don’t have to speak French or Goun to.
3. If I get a dog, my neighbors might eat him when I leave.
4. Kittens are soooo CUTE!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay!
You don't have to train it to use the litter box. Just have one with some sort of litter-ish stuff in it... maybe some loose dirt might work idk but just it in the box and rake its paw through the litter and it will know to poop in there.
Love you!!

Mama K said...

I knew you'd get one over there haha! They are really easy to train.After you feed her put her in the litter box and she'll get the hint. Have fun teaching just don't scare them too much!! XOXO