Sunday, August 29, 2010

Food Poisoning!

8.28.10

I have now survived my first bout of illness while in the Peace Corps. Today is my recovery day after a nasty case of food poisoning last night... I’m not positive, but I think it was the fried dough balls I bought from a lady on the side of the road yesterday. (Sigh.) They were so delicious, too.


I felt a little queasy at dinner last night, so I decided to go to sleep early because then I could just sleep it off and be fine today. False. I puked every hour on the hour between 8 and 1, and then a couple more times just for good measure. This was stupid, as there was no food left in my system after the first round. On the upside, I got to see my very own bile for the first time… it’s not one of my better features.


Anyway, so it was a rough, sleepless night, and I thought I was dying of malaria for about half of it. Then I looked up the symptoms of malaria and decided I was going to live. I’m skipping school today (Saturday) and spending all day resting, writing letters, and forcing large amounts of oral rehydration salt water down my throat… disgusting. I’ll be in fighting form by Monday – rested, healthy, and ready to take on yet another class of troublemaking teenagers.

1 comment:

Mukono Uganda 2012 said...

I cannot find how to follow you! Love you blog! Please follow me!

http://helpinghumble.blogspot.com/